Tuesday, January 18, 2011

marked with a "b"

this was a collage that i made for bonnie. it had a lot of texture and included thread and a paper button.
the quality of the photo is questionable, but the card was one of my favorites.

it's surprising how much detail is visible in a photo of the work (such as the stamped "b") that is not as obvious when you are holding the actual work in your hand.


it began as paste paper with an image from a magazine of a sheep
(this dictated that it would be for bonnie) that i glued on.
when i thought it was finished, i added the torn piece of orange colored paper and sewed it all together.
as i have said, it's hard to know when a collage is finished,
so i stamped it with a "b" and called it done.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Jewell said...

I've also noticed that change in perception...when a collage is flattened into a photograph it becomes something different, and new things jump out at you. I haven't seen this piece before, and I like it lots. Particularly the button.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I never noticed the stamped b! And just now I tried to find the collage to have a look but can't seem to put my fingers on it at the moment. My favorite part is "be quiet".